MAAT WORLD Terms and Conditions (Terms)
- These are the terms on which Maat World Pty Ltd trading as ‘Maat World” (referred to as Maat World, we, our or us) permits users (referred to as you or your) to: Maat World Pty Ltd
- (a) access and use the Maat World website www.maat.world (Website) including using the services and functionality made available through the Website, viewing Content (defined in clause 12) provided by Maat World, communicating with Maat World and reviewing product or other information; and
- (b) place an order for products (Order) through the Website, our premises, email, post or other means (Store).
- You agree to be bound by these Terms when you:
- (a) use, browse or access any part of the Website;
- (b) register an account with the Website; or
- (c) place an Order through the Store.
- Maat World may from time to time review and update these Terms to take account of new laws, regulations, products or technology. Your use of the Website and placing of an Order will be governed by the most recent Terms posted on the Website. By continuing to use the Website or place an Order, you agree to be bound by the most recent Terms. It is your responsibility to check the Website regularly for updated versions of the Terms.
- These are the terms on which Maat World Pty Ltd trading as ‘Maat World” (referred to as Maat World, we, our or us) permits users (referred to as you or your) to: Maat World Pty Ltd
Registering an Account and Password
- (a) You may be required to register an account to make an Order (Account).
- (b) You warrant that all information and data provided by you in the registration is accurate, complete and up to date. You will promptly inform Maat World if there is any change to this information or data.
- (c) By registering an Account, you warrant to us that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into, and use the Website or place an Order in accordance with these Terms. You agree to be financially responsible for all of your use of the Website or for placing an Order (as well as for use of your Account by others, including without limitation minors (under 18 years old) living with you or in your care).
- (a) In order to make an Order through your Account, you may be required to enter the Account password selected by you when registering your Account on the Website (Password). You agree that you will not disclose, or permit disclosure of, the Password to any person. You will be fully responsible for all acts and omissions of any person who enters into a transaction using your Password, as if they were your own acts and omissions. Maat World will not in any event be liable for any loss, damage, claims, costs or expenses arising out of the use or misuse of the Password, and you will indemnify Maat World against all loss, damage, claims, costs or demands in this regard.
- (b) You may elect to change the Password at any time using the facility provided on the Website. You must immediately notify Maat World of any Password which is lost, inoperable or used in an unauthorised manner.
Orders for products through the Store
- When making an Order, you must follow the instructions on the Store as to how to make your Order and for making changes to your Order before you submit it.
- By placing an Order you are making an offer and commitment to purchase products in accordance with these Terms. An Order is subject to acceptance or rejection by Maat World in its discretion after receipt of the Order.
- If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it to the Store, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately, although please note we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your Order in accordance with your instructions and that fees may be applicable to process a change.
- When you place an Order, you will receive from us an Order confirmation by email. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your Order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods (Contract) will not be formed until you receive a shipment confirmation email from us. We are not obliged to supply the product to you until we have accepted your Order. We may in our discretion refuse to accept an Order from you for any reason, including but not limited to:
- (a) unavailability of stock (in which case we may ask you to re-submit your Order or offer you an alternative product or size);
- (b) we suspect that you might on-sell our products to other consumers;
- (c) if we suspect your Order is fraudulent, or suspect credit card or payment-related fraud; or
- (d) if there has been an error in the imagery, price or product description on the Site,
- (e) if there has been an error by way of the wrongful inclusion of an item in a particular sale or promotion.
- Until the time when we accept your Order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your Order and you have the right to cancel your Order. If we or you have cancelled your Order before it has been accepted, we will promptly refund any payment already made by you to your original payment method.
- Product Descriptions Maat World makes every effort to display and inform you as accurately as possible on our product colours, sizes, cut, fit, make and general product descriptions. However, Maat World does not warrant that product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Our customer service team can assist with any questions regarding further information on our products. In terms of colour display for our products; computer monitors, tablets and mobile devices’ resolution may vary and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will be completely accurate.
Changes to products and pricing
- We may modify prices and product and service offerings at our discretion for any reason (including but not limited to changes in market conditions, product discontinuation, changes in availability, manufacturer changes, errors in advertising, and in other circumstances).
- All updates and modifications to the Store including any changes to the Store and all product and service pricing and offerings will be subject to these Terms. Any information we provide in relation to the availability of products is a guide only and is subject to change without notice. We will not be liable for any lack of availability of products that you may order through the Store. While we will use best endeavours to ensure that products advertised for sale on the Store are available for purchase, we cannot guarantee the availability of any product.
- All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars.
- Prices are inclusive of goods and services tax. In all other respects prices are exclusive of taxes, duties and charges imposed or levied in connection with the supply of goods or services.
- We accept credit card payment via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, or any other form of payment notified by us.
- The credit card holder must be either the billing or shipping recipient.
- All PayPal orders will ship to the registered PayPal address. If PayPal is unable to successfully process your credit card for your Order that is accepted by us, then we may cancel your Order.
- You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for Orders through any fraudulent or unlawful means.
- We will provide you with a receipt at time of delivery which specifies the total fees and charges for the products in your Order (excluding any import taxes and duties for international orders in accordance with clause 8.5). Where your Order is made through the Website, these details are also available under your Account for you to refer to or print at any time for the period that your Account remains active.
Delivery of Orders
- We offer the choice of shipping through our preferred third party couriers (Third Party Couriers). Details of delivery options are set out here, although such delivery estimate information is indicative only. Shipping and delivery of Orders will be in accordance with the terms of the Third Party Couriers.
- You must provide a physical delivery address where someone is likely to be available to accept the delivery of your Order during business hours. You may be required by the Third Party Couriers to provide proof of identification for verification checks, in accordance with their delivery terms.
- Shipping costs are influenced by the size and weight of the products in your Order and your location.
- We aim to ship all Orders to you at the place of delivery requested by you within the time indicated by us at the time of your Order, but we cannot guarantee firm delivery dates or times as they are subject to the delivery terms of the Third Party Couriers.
- International shipments may be subject to import taxes, duties and custom fees that are levied once the package reaches the country of destination, and are the responsibility of the recipient. Should you require further information regarding duties and taxes please contact your local customs office.
Risk and title
- If you elect to pick up your Order from our premises, then title and all risk of loss or damage to any product in your Order passes to you upon payment and collection from our premises.
- If you elect to have your Order delivered to you using one of the Third Party Couriers, then title and risk of loss or damage to the products in your Order passes to you upon delivery.
Returns and refunds of an Order
- Due to hygiene reasons, we do not provide a refund or exchange if you have simply changed your mind about an Order, so please choose carefully.
- Maat World will accept returns in accordance with Victorian and Australian law.
- If you believe your product is faulty, please email with the details of your Order and we may provide you with a “Return Form”. In order to assist the returns process, you may be required to send us images of the damage, defect or fault for preliminary assessment.
- Once we receive your completed “Return Form” and the relevant products, the products will be assessed by Maat World. If the product is deemed to be faulty, we will provide you with a repair, replacement, refund on the faulty product subject to our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law plus a refund of the return shipping costs incurred by you.
- Maat World will not be liable for any damage due to fair wear and tear, product misuse, failure to use in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care.
- The Website is owned and operated by or on behalf of Maat World.
- All intellectual property rights (including copyright and patents) in the information, comment, content, communication, advice, text, training materials, trade marks, logos, service names and trade names of Maat World, images of people or places or other content (Content) contained in the Website or otherwise provided to you by Maat World are owned or licensed by Maat World.
- The Content on the Website and any other information provided to you is for general information purposes only. Maat World does not warrant or make any representations as to any third party products described or referred to on the Website or otherwise. Any use of the Content by another person or organisation is at the user's own risk.
- The Content on the Website is obtained and developed from a variety of sources including but not limited to collaborations with third parties and information provided by third parties under licence. Inclusion of Content on the Website is not an endorsement of any organisation, product or service.
- We may modify any information on the Website (including Content) at our discretion for any reason. All updates and modifications to the Website (including Content) will be subject to these Terms.
- If you have a complaint regarding any Content on the Website, Maat World's sole obligation will be to review any written complaint notified to it and, if it sees fit, in its sole discretion, to modify or remove the particular Content.
- Trademarks Trademarks may be displayed on the Website from time to time. These may belong to Maat World or to third parties. Nothing displayed on the Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any logo or trademark displayed on a web site, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
Unless expressly permitted by and in accordance with these Terms, you agree that in accessing and using the Website, you will not:
- (a) download (other than page caching) or modify the Website or any portion of the Website;
- (b) impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- (c) frame the Website without Maat World's express written permission; or
- (d) post, link to, or otherwise communicate or distribute any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information, or otherwise use the Website in a manner which is unlawful or would infringe the rights of another person including any intellectual property rights.
- The Website may contain links to other websites. We have not reviewed all of the third party websites linked on the Website and are not responsible for their content or accuracy. Maat World provides those links as a ready reference for searching for third party goods and services on the internet and not as an endorsement, support or sponsorship of those web sites, their operators, the goods, services or content that they describe.
Access and communication
- Maat World does not warrant that you will have continuous access to the Website. Maat World will not be liable if the Website is unavailable to you due to computer downtime attributable to malfunctions, upgrades, preventative or remedial maintenance activities or interruption in telecommunications supply.
- Maat World does not guarantee the delivery or security of communications over the internet as such communications rely on third party service providers, and electronic communication (including electronic mail) is vulnerable to interception by third parties.
- Whilst Maat World takes reasonable precautions to protect information transmitted via the Website, Maat World cannot and does not guarantee the security or confidentiality of these communications or the security of the Website.
- Maat World does not provide, and has no control over, communications, networks or services, the internet or other technology required or used across the Website and accepts no responsibility for any direct or indirect loss in any form associated with them, whether due to congestion, technical malfunction, viruses or otherwise.
You will fully indemnify Maat World and our officers, agents, and employees in respect of all loss, damage, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), fines, penalties, claims, demands and proceedings howsoever arising, whether at common law (including negligence) or under statute, in connection with any of the following:
- (a) any breach of these Terms by you;
- (b) your use of the Website; or
- (c) your communications with Maat World.
Warranties, consumer guarantees and limitation of liability
- Any representation, warranty, condition, guarantee or undertaking that would be implied in these Terms in relation to any product supplied by Maat World by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law, including any implied warranties of acceptable quality or fitness for a disclosed purpose.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes, restricts or modifies any consumer guarantee, right or remedy conferred on you by the Australian Consumer Law, Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (ACL) or any other applicable law that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Maat World for a breach of a non-excludable guarantee referred to in clause 17.2 is limited, at Maat World's option, to, any one or more of the following:
- (a) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- (b) the repair of the goods;
- (c) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- (d) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- The products sold in the Store may come with certain consumer guarantees. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. Maat World does not have to pay for damages or losses that (i) are not caused by Maat World’s failure to meet a consumer guarantee, or (ii) are not reasonably foreseeable.
- Maat World will not be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage, loss of profits or anticipated profits, economic loss, loss of business opportunity, loss of data, loss of reputation or loss of revenue (irrespective of whether the loss or damage is caused by or relates to breach of contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise) arising in connection with the Store, the Content, all links to or from the Website or the goods advertised or purchased from the Store other than losses that 1) resulted from Maat World’s failure to meet a consumer guarantee; and 2) are reasonably foreseeable.
- Subject to this clause 17, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that the the maximum aggregate liability of Maat World for all proven losses, damages and claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms or a supply under these Terms, including liability for breach, in negligence or in tort or for any other common law or statutory action, is limited to the sum of A$50.
- All promotion codes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. No more than one promotional code can be applied at checkout or to an Order. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offers, and must be redeemed by the date published, if provided. Maat World reserves the rights to cancel or refuse the usage of any promotional code at any time.
- All promotional codes must be applied at checkout, and cannot be applied to any previous or retrospective orders. We have the right to refuse use of any promotional code for any reason. The times of use will be outlined in the marketing material, the code can not be used outside of this time.
- Termination of your access to the Website Maat World may at any time immediately terminate your access (including restricting access) to the Website or any feature of the Website for any reason (including due to your breach or alleged breach of these Terms) in its sole discretion and without prior notice. Any indemnities given by you and any limitations of our liability survive such termination.
- Jurisdiction and law These Terms are governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State and the Commonwealth of Australia in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms, their performance and subject matter.
- Severability Each provision of these Terms is severable from the others and no severance of a provision will affect any other provision.
- Force Majeure We shall not be liable for any breach of our obligations under these Terms where we are hindered or prevented from carrying out our obligations by any cause outside our reasonable control, including by lightning, fire, flood, extremely severe weather, strike, lock-out, labour dispute, act of God, pandemic, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, failure of any telecommunications or computer system, compliance with any law, accident (or by any damage caused by any of such events).
- Contacting us If you have questions about the Website or these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.